Day 16

Yesterday I could not reach the VP with whom I was to consult the stalemate over whether to allow XYZ corp to visit the factory or not. I spoke to him today.

him –         yeah CEO told me that you will call me.

me –         XYZ corp wants to see the factory and if satisfied will confirm 50 tonnes business.

him –         Which XYZ Corp?

me –         The one for whom you advised me that we would be offering some material, since MNO Corp are delaying the call-offs.

him –         Oh..yeah. but remember MNO Corp is a reputed and large company. We should not be upsetting them.

me –         Absolutely. But what do I tell XYZ Corp who has already shown interest on  50 tonnes that we offered?

him –         You confirm that. What is the issue?

me –         They would like to see the factory. I discussed with CEO on it and he said that I should speak to you.

him –         I now remember. That’s not possible.

me –         Why not?

him –         The customer will come here and we have to make them stay in the Hotel. There will be expenses.

me –         True. Pls remember the value of the order is Rs 2.5 million. Good profitability. No headaches. They will send their own truck to the factory for picking the goods.

him –         Do you know how expensive the Hotel Tariffs are nowadays?

me –         OK. I will tell them we cannot entertain the factory visit. They either confirm the order without conditions or we are not selling to them.

him –         You cannot take such a rigid view when doing Sales. One has to be flexible.

me –          ??

him –         You have to be methodical when handling such customers. That’s what I did when finalizing MNO Corp deal. There was no glitch. Done deal.

me –          ??

him –         See we have produced 150 tonnes already.

me –         But we took order for 500 tonnes.

him –         It happens in processing industry. When the raw material is short, what can we do?

me –         What about delaying the call offs?

him –         It happens in business and we have to accommodate customers sometime. Remember, we get our salary because of customers. We should never forget that.

me –     Well said. What do I tell XYZ Corp now?

him –     Why don’t you discuss these matters with the CEO to whom you are directly reporting?

I could not get any decision from either of the two big-wigs. I should think of a strategy to get this business going. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s